Thursday, May 24, 2007

Bathroom--DONE! (and other stuff)

OK..I can say the bathroom is officially done. They installed the faucet today and there is nothing else for them to do in there. It's very plain since there are no towel racks etc--but that will come in time. :-)

BEFORE:



AFTER:


The kitchen linoleum was removed today, the hole in the wall behind the refrigerator was dry-walled, the floor under the refrigerator was replaced with new sub-flooring, and the sink and new faucet were installed!


Hole behind fridge: Linoleum Removed:
New Sink



The Deck was all torn out (the are keeping all the floor joists etc--so it was just the top layer deck boards removed) and the new posts were cemented in.between those 2 posts is where the new steps will be!





All basement windows were removed and new glass block windows were put in--they are SO pretty. I didn't get a before picture of the windows and I wish I had.

This window was originally behind paneling--actually the whole room was paneled. Kyle removed all of that before the work started.

The cracks in basement walls were filled and the walls were all painted with "dry-lock". I can't believe the difference in having white walls down there!!!



Tomorrow, they will lay the luan (?) whatever it is..it's the floor they lay before they lay the vinyl. They will work more on the deck and I think they need to finish up the walls in the basement.










2 comments:

Cindy said...

The bathroom is gorgeous! I love it! Who got the first shower?

I spy Jack!

Cindy said...

Oh, I had never heard the word "luan" either...so I googled it, and I guess that IS how you spell it!

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/rm_floors_laminate_vinyl/article/0,1797,HGTV_3711_2355933,00.html